Using lubricant or coolant with any type of annular cutter is a must. A correct lubrication and coolant delivery more life for annular cutters.
The very important thing to know is that TCT annular cutters require Coolant, not lubricant and HSS annular cutters required Cutting oil, not coolant.
For TCT (Tungsten carbide tipped) annular cutters we recommend to use: Cooling lubricant concentrate 6000
- For high demands based on synthetic raw materials.
- Miscible with water, biostable and mild smelling.
- Improves the core drill service life.
- Toxicologically harmless, water hazard class
For HSS (high-speed steel) annular cutters we recommend to use: High-performance cutting oil 5000
- Pure vegetable oil that is not a hazardous good in the context of transport regulations. The base materials used are not listed in the catalog of substances hazardous to water. BDS 5000 is not subject to labeling.
- Organic basic material with additives.
- Water hazard class 1.
- Bio-degradable, optimal base adjustment of the viscosity for the use of BDS core drills, and easy use for subsequent galvanizing.
While drilling overhead with liquid lubricants will lead to damage the motor of the machine due to the lubricant entering the motor. Thus we recommend using BDS 5500 high performance cutting paste to drill overhead or in the horizontal situation. This cutting paste is suitable for both HSS and TCT core drills as well as for thread cutting tools/Taps.
BDS Name: BDS 5500. Order number: ZHS 550